Jim - I just checked my stash of comments that need to be integrated into
the Comments site next time I upgrade... still not many comments on this
lens. One or two have been positive, but I don't believe any of those had
prior experience with the power zoom version so they didn't really offer a
comparison. Wendy and Joe W. both reported having one but didn't say too
much about it...

Stan