On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Todd Stanley wrote:

> I've pretty much decided it's pointless to try to resist to buy this lens
> anymore... so anyone have any suggestions on how to go about acquiring one?
>  There are several sellers on eBay who seem to have a supply of them, but I
> hove noticed some are located in Russia so I am a bit weary.  It's not
> really the seller I'm concerned about, but more like the lens pulling a
> vanishing act in the mail along the way.  Anyone here have any good/bad
> experiences with these sellers, or know another reliable source?

I have bought a few times from sellers in Russia, without
problems. The last time, a month ago or so, it was from a guy whose
ebay handle is "order300" or something like that. He has the
Zenitar. My transaction (it was for a Fed 2 Leica copy) was quick, and
the item was as described.

Just stay away from the ones that only accept Western Union payments,
as the fee can be very high (like about $30 to send $120, or something
crazy like that)