Hi Andre:

It is interesting what you say about the K35 f3.5 lens.  I have actually
acquired one recently in a like new condition.  I used it last weekend and
tested it for ghosting pointing the upper frame corner at the rather
brilliant sun (the snow and ice desert of the completely frozen Georgian
Bay) and sure enough a small circular ghost does appear in the lower left
corner.  That is a very small ghost, but nevertheless it is there.  The
performance is still very good indeed compared to other well known lenses
which are low in flare and ghosting like my Nikkor 20 mm f:3.5 which
displays a somewhat larger and more disturbing ghost similarly positioned
within the frame.  My K50 f:1.4 displayed a significant "ankh-like" ghost
under the same conditions - somewhat reminiscent of my Nikkor 50 mm f:1.4.
Still the Pentax ghosting was less disturbing in the viewfinder that the
Nikkor.  I will look carefully at the negatives to see if this has more to
do with the lens or the viewfinder.  For a camera I used the newly acquired
ME Super from Tom.

Cheers, - Andrew.

So the 35/3.5 has a little ghost after all! I tried your test once but with the SMC Takumar and I did not noticed anything. I might have made my test too fast, sure enough that I would find the same results as Pop or Mod Photog (contrary to what I said in my previous post, the SMCT was said to be ghost-free and I extrapolated to the K). Noe, maybe the SMCT is different (and really ghost free). I'll have to check this again with a SMCT.

Regards,

Andre