--- Roland Mabo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Heiko Hamann tested the *ist with a M-lens at Cebit.
> He reported : "Changing the aperture didn't change
> the viewfinder image."
> So, when you change the aperture - the lens does not
> stops down.
_________________________

But neither does "closing" the aperture on my "M"
lenses change the viewfinder image on a Ka or Ka2
body. What am I missing here?
I was under the impression that Pentax "K" and newer
bodies worked with "Stepless" metering? That is, the
camera body closes down the aperture to the setting
you input. If you set f/8 on the lens, the camera body
sets that aperture the moment the shot is made, then
opens up full again. Am I wrong?
*I thought the only time you could "see" the effect of
the set aperture was by either actuating DOF preview
or taking the shot? Am I dead wrong?

Why then would not an *st or *st-D body do the same?

Ed, baffled in the hinterlands

=====

 I get it done with YAHOO! DSL!