Congratulations, Sid.  Welcome to the Electro Spotmatic club.

> Well, the camera arrived and as soon as I put the battery in, that
> meter leaped up and performed like a circus animal.

But, Sid, how well are circus animals at metering ???  ;-)

> Now, the curious accessory: the Asahi pentax everready case: also
> in mint condition, but brown. I've always seen black ones. Anyone
> else seen one in brown leather?

I believe that's the standard Electro Spotmatic case.  I have seen
two of 'em, both with Electro Spotmatics.  See
http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/electrosp2.jpg

The case also has an extra deep cut-out to the side of the lens to
allow for the protruding battery chamber.  (A regular Spotmatic case
doesn't have that.)

Fred