Boz wrote:
> In any case, I _GUESS_ that if you set the exposure manually (not using
> the exposure compensation dial), you will get properly exposed images,
> both with and without flash.  If you set exposure via the exp. comp.
> dial you will get properly exposed ambient images but overexposed flash
> images.

Thanks for your answer, Boz! My MZ-7 manual also says that in manual mode,
the foreground is always correctly exposed by the TTL flash, while the
background is dependent on the manual settings.
 I have also heard that by setting the exposure manually and changing the
ISO setting (e.g. manually set overexpose by 1 stop and set ISO from e.g. 100
to 200) you can actually achieve flash compensation even with bodies and
flashes that do not normally support this feature - the flash underexposes by one
stop, but it is compensated by the 1 stop overexposure of the ambient light.
I have never tried this myself, but I am not sure that I understand the
difference between dialing an exposure compensation of +1 and telling the camera
in manual mode to overexpose by one stop - isn't the result one and the same,
or am I missing something?
Anyway, if the *ist can achieve correct exposure with the DOF trick or in
manual mode even with flash, it remains interesting for me...

Regards,
Stefan