William Robb quoted me and inquired:
> > For the record, AOL doesn't allow the user to send Plain Text. Perhaps
> it's not
> > the only program with this limitation.
> >
> Is that why some AOL users have what appears to be broken HTML tags in their
> posts?
> I presume the Major is trying to strip the code out if possible?

Don't know -- but I do know that this inability to send Plain Text meant I
could not post to PDML at all from my AOL account (all were rejected
automatically) and that is why I now use a texas.net account to interact with
the PDML.
The only "help" that AOL tech support could offer me was to suggest I use
the "AOL Anywhere" option (in other words, go to AOL as a web site while in
another browser), but (for unknown reasons) the computers in my house won't
allow that. I believe it's how other AOL users are able to post to PDML; I'm
pretty sure Doe aka Marnie told me that's what she was
doing.