[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

William Robb quoted me and inquired:

For the record, AOL doesn't allow the user to send Plain Text. Perhaps

it's not

the only program with this limitation.

Is that why some AOL users have what appears to be broken HTML tags in their
posts?
I presume the Major is trying to strip the code out if possible?

Don't know -- but I do know that this inability to send Plain Text meant I could not post to PDML at all from my AOL account (all were rejected automatically) and that is why I now use a texas.net account to interact with the PDML. The only "help" that AOL tech support could offer me was to suggest I use the "AOL Anywhere" option (in other words, go to AOL as a web site while in another browser), but (for unknown reasons) the computers in my house won't allow that. I believe it's how other AOL users are able to post to PDML; I'm pretty sure Doe aka Marnie told me that's what she was
doing.

Do you have to use the AOL mail client, or can you just use something else?