Dave. Awesome - in a word.

Not fantastically cheap, especially over here. The Turbo recycles a Metz 45
in one second at full whack:)

For sustained fire nothing beats the Turbo, however for short bursts you
might find several sets of NiMH with appropriate battery holders (AP1 for
283) a more reasonable alternative. I am not certain if you can use NiMH in
the Metz 45 holder - someone from Hasselblad (the UK importer) once did tell
me why it was not recommended to use nicads therein - of course now those
brain cells have gone....

Tom Van Veen is probably the best man to answer this.

Kind regards

Peter