That's interesting and explains something I was puzzling over earlier today. I'm taking a class in studio lighting and usually use both the Minolta meter that is in the school's studio and my own Polaris. Under flahes the two meters are very close - the Polaris is a little higher, but just 1/10th to 1/5th of a stop or so - but today I was working with Tungstun lights and the Polaris reported reading that were consistently about 3/4ths of a stop off from the Minolta. I even put the two side by side and took readings. Thanks for the explanation!

- MCC