Roland wrote:

RM> 199.90 for the FAJ 18-35 sounds very low...

   Alarmingly low... it's half the price of the FA 20-35/4 - and it
   looks to me the crippled mount and lack of aperture ring cannot
   justify the price reduction by themselves. I'm afraid it's the
   optics that may be compromised for the starist d, with acceptable
   definition in the center but poor corners and vignetting.

   It appears to me Pentax is cutting every corner in order to lower
   the price of the digital slr. Too bad they don't have control of
   the image sensor as Canon does. We might see better optics and
   build in the same package at the same price...

   Servus,   Alin