[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> sometimes, the lens formula change !
> AS 300mm f/:4.5, the F version is better than the FA !!!
> (really !!!)  Or the 85mm f/:1.4, the FA version is the best
> 85mm in the world compare to anyone else. But the 85mm f/:1.4 A
> is not as good (old formula)

Well, newer is ~not~ necessarily better, as you must understand yourself,
since you stated that the F 300/4.5 is better than the FA 300/4.5.  I suspect
that the main reason for Pentax using a newer optical formula for the FA*
85/1.4 was to make an easier autofocusing design, not necessarily to make a
better optical design.

Fred