Reliable or not is really not the issue. What are they really testing and
why? It may seem like strange question but in any scientific test such
questions needs to be answered before you perform a test. People like CDI
perform tests for the sake of it because it sell magazines. I'm sure their
procedures are sound and can be repeated with the same result but what is
the relevance of the test for a photographer? When every Pentax owner in the
kown universe can testify that CDI's conclusion is contradictory to personal
experience and others tests are we going to stop believeing in out own
experience and start believeing in CDI?
> I repeat that anyone who design a test that only proves that shit happens
is screwing their readers to sell magazines.

> Pål

The problem you mention is that you talk about own experience.
However, I think CdI test lots of parameters. And then you choose to pick
the ones you prefer.
If you do not read all the comment and only focus on the final stars about
the lens, you make the same mistake than even French People do: They are
blinkered by the number of stars !
The 20mm f/:2.8 has only 3/5 stars. But the comment is very good about the
lens. Because lots of other 20mm are not as good as Pentax's one !
The most important for me is to buy a lens with all I need inside. CdI helps
me to know more than what an advertising says. After I use my own opinion. I
prefer my 35mm FA f/:2  than my former 50mm F f/:1.7 than my 43mm f/:1.9.
CdI gives all these lens 4/:5 stars (technical) . Why do I prefer my lens in
this order ? When you look the tests, you can guess a little ! There is a
better contrast and sharpness for the 35mm, using f/:4 or 5.6. When I use my
35mm, even in f/:2, the contrast is so good that I go on adore it !
The tests exist and they are very usefull, but you need to learnhow to use
it !
Let's stop talking about this !
I do not think we can get agree about it in the next future !