Mark Roberts wrote:

Hey, for years I didn't know how TTL flash worked at all. I posted some
questions on rec.photo.equipment.35mm and got several detailed
answers... *all* of which covered everything *except* the fact that the
camera is metering off the film during the exposure! And, of course,
without this piece of information, TTL flash as a whole doesn't make any
sense at all.

You know, after thinking about it, where else could it be making the readings? Not like non-flash metering where it's based on the film speed and the amount of light allowed by the given apeture, otherwise Mark Cassino's essay on the reflective nature of the different film brands/types would not be a concern.... ;-)

Thanks!

Later,
Gary