Sorry if I did not describe things clearly. Yes, on the *ist D a non-metered manual mode is available with K- and M series lenses. DOF preview is available, too. One can even meter with the camera in AV mode at open aperture, then switch to manual mode and calculate what the shutter time should be at the chosen aperture. However, this kind of operation is awfully slow and complicated.

Arnold

Anthony Farr schrieb:

Does this mean in non-metered manual mode, all apertures are available with K/M lenses? That wasn't clear from your earlier report. It wasn't even clear that a non-metered mode was available. If it's true then I'd be happy enough, as I'm not as married to the concept of internal meters as others obviously are.