----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: March 5, 2001 4:24 PM
Subject: Primes Vs. Zooms: was: Re: More on croppng (Was: An
important step)

> What we don't ever factor into the discussion is this: what
would HCB, Adams
> and the other "prime only" greats have produced had quality
zooms, such as
> todays, been available to them?

Well, as far as Adams goes, I have yet to see a quality large
format zoom lens, or for that matter, a large format zoom lens
of any quality. Some of us still eschew the miniature format
size that so goes hand in hand with the zoom lens.
Even in medium format, there are only a handful of zooms
available from all the manufacturers combined.
William Robb