This lens doesn't automatically stop down when you take the picture.
Put a normal f2 lens on your camera, turn it to f8 and you still have a
bright viewfinder, but the lens will stop down to f8 when you take the picture.
Put the K28/3.5 shift lens on the camera.  Turn the shift lens to f8 to get a
better depth of field and the viewfinder will grow dark.  So you will have to
focus at f3.5 and then pre-set your aperture to f8 before you fire the shot.
(I have a series of old Asahi Pentax screwmount lenses that work just like
this.  It is how 35mm cameras worked before we had auto-aperture lenses.)
Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> 6) the preset diaphragm in K 28/3,5 Shift - what does it mean? how does it
work?