On 03.6.8 8:42 AM, "frank theriault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> even though he doesn't know how to spell it <vbg>.

When I was in the islands in the orient once upon a time, I always spelled
aluminium.  Since I came to this continent, I see aluminum everywhere.  So,
I began to use aluminum to avoid embarrassment.

The funny thing is, as I write this in MS Entourage (Outlook equivalent),
aluminum is flagged and the spell checker (if I ever use :-) would correct
it to aluminium.

OTOH, when I write aluminum in MS Word, it does not flag but it does when I
spelled aluminium.

Is aluminum some kind of "American" spelling, or aluminum and aluminium
indicates any subtle difference, or no distinction at all?

The bottom line question is "which is correct"?

Thank you,

Ken

In US and Canada it is Aluminum.
In the rest of the world it is Aluminium.
Take your pick.....

Ziggy