It seemed just as silly then as it does now, and I'm a software engineer.

At 10:25 PM 6/8/03 -0400, you wrote:
On June 8, 2003 10:19 pm, Peter Alling wrote:
> Since most 30 year old appliances fulfill their purposes more
> than adequately why would one want a networked refrigerator let
> alone a wireless one?  On second thought I don't want to know.

The common suggestion would be they would keep track of what was in the
fridge. Re-ordering from your internet supermarket. Telling you when the milk
was going bad. They would connect with the microwave and share info. Say you
made something in the microwave it would tell the fridge to add it to the
order.

        Much of this was during the tech boom when money was being thrown at
anything.

Nick

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx