Rather than trying for a General Delivery at some post office
why not have it delivered to where you are staying.  If you have
a valid reservation hotels will routinely hold deliveries for you
if they arrive before you.

At 12:21 PM 6/10/03 +0100, you wrote:
Paul wrote:

> Get a lead bag. I travel to Europe on a regular basis with
a bag full of
> film. No problems. Just leave it in your carry-on luggage.
When it goes
> through the machine, security will recognize it as a lead
bag and
> they'll hand check it. They see them all the time. It's no
big deal, and
> the good lead bags (the kind with the cloth cover over the
lead foil)
> are impervious to the x-ray. I've seen mine on the screen.
It's totally impenetrable.

Paul,

This is risky.  There is no legal right to hand checking of
film in the UK.  The rule at major international airports is
that ALL checked and hand (carry-on) baggage is routinely
scanned.  You *might* be able to persuade a security officer
to perform hand checking, but that is not something you
should rely on.

Also, the newest scanners that are used for scanning hand
baggage  at London's airports definitely *DO* fog film of
any ISO speed.  This has been demonstrated in recent tests.

===

To the original poster (also Paul), I would recommend that
you don't use 7dayshop.com and instead use a UK supplier
such as Mailshots or Mathers - 7dayshop.com is in Guernsey,
Channel Islands, which is not part of the UK, and they have
a reputation for very variable delivery times, although they
are cheap.  Contact details for Mailshots and Mathers:

Mailshots:
http://www.mailshots.co.uk/
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: 011 44 1782 74 69 09 (from USA/Canada)

Mathers of Lancashire:
Tel: 011 44 1204 52 21 86 (from USA/Canada)
Fax: 011 44 1204 52 9003 (-------ditto--------)

I use Mathers, because they can deliver next day before
12:00 noon (provided orders are placed before 4:00pm) using
Royal Mail's excellent Special Delivery service.  Their
efficiency is second to none, and the films are still cold
(from refrigeration) when they arrive.

Hope this helps.

John

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx