At 04:49 PM 6/9/2003 +1000, Rob Studdert wrote:

OK the D *ist isn't in our hands so we can only speculate based on what's been
reported. So given what is known who of those of us that envisage moving into
digital are likely to purchase a D *ist and why?

Who of us think it's time to move to the dark side and why?

If the ist-D s up to par, I'll go with it.

The kit I carry around has only A or F/FA or compatible lenses. My workhorse lenses are all compatible, even the rather old Kiron 105 f2.8 macro.

I have a lot of old K and M lenses that won't work with it, but I don't use them much anyhow. I bought them to use with manual focus bodies, and they do fine for that. there are a couple of lenses I'd like to try on a DSLR - like the Rikenon 55 f1.2 or Bayonet Takumar 135 f2.5 - but not being able to use them on that particular body is not big probelm (especially since I almost never use them as is.)

If the ist D is not up to par I'll have to mull things over.

- MCC

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]