Hi, Jim,

Roman Holiday was Audrey's first "Hollywood" movie (I used quotes, because it was
filmed entirely on location in Rome - one of the first movies shot on location).
She had bit parts in a few English pics, but this was her first big role.

She did win the Oscar for it.

Eddie Albert was a scream in Roman Holiday.  He played a freelance photographer.
There's a particularly hilarious scene, with him (while driving) popping his head
out of the sunroof of a little Italian mini-car (a Fiat?), snapping pics of Peck and
Hepburn riding a scooter, with a little 35mm camera - I've never been able to
identify the camera, but I'm guessing an old Voigtlander?

Albert had quite a wonderful film career before his famous TV role, in particular,
playing a psych patient in Captain Newman MD - hey, wasn't that a Peck movie as
well?

regards,
frank

--
"What a senseless waste of human life"
-The Customer in Monty Python's Cheese Shop sketch