Speaking of the right time to enter the market with a product, how about
Kodak, and it's 27 exposure "one-time-use camera system [disposable]
DIGITAL cameras?
My Sunday paper came in a plastic wrapper/envelope, with the Kodak adv.
on the outside.
Order Premium prints and you'll get a CD with your images on it.

All sorts of questions come to mind, but I'd sure like to know more of
the details about the camera, even tho' it's considered a disposable...

Come to think of it, they didn't call it a digital camera - they said
you'd get back digital pictures, on a CD, when you ordered Kodak Premium
prints. Does that mean all jpegs?

So, perhaps I'm doing some assuming of facts not in evidence. How is
this any different from recording your images on regular film, with a
regular camera, and having it developed and printed by Kodak, and asking
for prints plus a PhotoCD?
Seems to be the same arrangement to me.
Were the Kodak Photo CDs you used to get back when requested recorded
with a proprietary format, but they're offering jpegs now? Don't know,
but I'll bet someone here has the info...

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's the first time
I've seen Kodak include the word 'digital' in an ad for disposable
cameras!  <g>

keith whaley