Hi Jens,

both cameras have no aperture simulator but we do know that after properly setting the according custom function the *ist and a pre-production *ist D can work with K and M lenses
- either in "metered open aperture mode" (aka "aperture priority mode") in which the aperture stays open all the time (when DOF preview is activated as well as during exposure)
- or in manual mode WITHOUT metering

I am asking Pentax to update the camera software so that the production *ist D also meters in REAL aperture priority mode OR in manual mode when DOF preview is activated (stop down metering), which is the only feasible way without aperture simulator.

Arnold

Jens Bladt schrieb:

Hi all
Do we know for a fact, that the two *ist cameras do not support the use of K
and M-lenses - that they will not work with these cameras? It's improtant to
me because I have quite a few good K and M lenses.

PENTAX USA clearly states they do (at the Web site). Some funktions will not
work, though. Which? Multi segment metering. Others?

To owners of the *ist: Please tell us what works and what doesn't.
Thanks

Best Regards
Jens