Shaken, David A. Mann opined on 02/28/2001 21:23:

>Joseph McAllister writes:
>
>> My building creaked and groaned, and that familiar sound was almost
>> drowned out by all my crap heading from the desks, shelves, and tables
>> towards the floor. Messy, but by golly, no camera, no computer, no
>> monitor, no glass anywhere was harmed in the making of this event.
>
> Quite a while ago, due to the earthquake risk, I moved all my lenses from
>the top shelf to the 2nd-bottom.  Bottom shelf would have been inconvenient
>to access, and too easy to foot-damage.
>
> I'm glad to hear there was no serious damage or loss of life.

I keep my gear in cut closed cell foam bottomed plastic drawers in those
innexpensive roll around multi-drawer Costco specials. Use cardboard for
dividers between camera bodies and motors and such. The lenses each have
a hole cut in the foam for them. Pretty hard for them to bang together,
though I imagine they would go all over if the drawer/storage units fell
over.

The smaller AF and A* stuff is mostly nestled in Halliburtons.

The larger lenses are in military surpluss shipping containers.

It would take more than an earthquake to render my gear done...  (knock
on wood!)

JoMac, Pentaxian
  "Quadraphonic, Beta, Macintosh, Pentax"
    "Principle over Practical, Every Time."
      "Always a different path, always finite."
        "I may die destitute and alone, but I'll find
           solace in that my life's choices were always the best!"