Hi,

I missed everything in this thread except for this one email. Can I
assume the Tim in question is Tim Page, the photographer? If so, I've
been to a talk he gave a year or 2 ago and I think he's unsardonically
interesting. Whatever his motives or mental state, and whatever the
causes of any of his mental states, he's lived a very interesting life
(one that I don't envy) and produced some interesting photographs.

I don't rate him particularly highly as a photographer, but I've
noticed that some of his shots are almost identical to some of the best
shots by Larry Burrows and Philip Jones Griffiths, which suggests at the
very least that he was travelling with one or both of them; if he's
good enough for them, he's certainly good enough for me.

And the world is certainly more interesting for his being in it.

As Mike has pointed out, people like Coleridge, de Quincey, Aldous Huxley
and others were druggies (not to mention all the alcoholics); that in itself
seems to be no disqualification when it comes to being interesting or producing
interesting work.

If you're not talking about Tim Page, then just ignore me... <g>

--
Cheers,
 Bob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]