I'm still at it. This time its human blood.

http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams/hold/micro

I'm still checking exposures and illumination. Things are not quite right
yet -- but the pictures are presentable for anyone interested. If you want
to know what a particular cell is drop me an email. But there are
erythrocytes of course (red blood cells or RBCs), polymorphonuclear
leucocytes (or neutrophiles), lymphocytes, eosinophiles, platelets, one
giant platelet and several clusters and one vacuolated neutrophile. Some of
the RBCs show echinocytosis (little spikes or bumps that give them a lumpy,
or crenated, appearance) this could be pathological -- but in fact is an
artifact caused by too slow drying of the smear!

The ME Super has been giving trouble again. The speed ring seems not to be
making good contact. Once in a while the shutter goes off at 1/125 when it
ought to have been a couple of seconds. I've started testing the P30. It
seems as easy to focus as the MES but only goes down to 1s against the other
camera's 4 seconds. Its a nuisance. By the way the MX doesn't have those
slow speeds either so might not be so useful. An LX would be the perfect
solution.

Don
Dr E D F Williams
http://personal.inet.fi/cool/don.williams