Lukasz Kacperczyk wrote:
When people want to use "photograph" for "inkjet prints".

So for you a photograph is a wet print and nothing else?

For me a photograph is what the dictionary says it is. That's the only sane way to decide what a word means.

That's pretty
limiting. A photograph is (and always was) a general term 0 that's why you
have a "wet print" or "inkjet print" that further explain the technique used
to produce a particular photograph.

Unless you want to get again in the toilet paper discussion, you can use "photograph" and "inkjet print" according to their dictionary sense. I promise I won't confuse them. And, if I do, you can always refer me to the dictionary. It's much simpler than a long winded philosophical discussion each time someone misuses or abuse a word.

cheers,
caveman