Hi Lon,

Well worth the price (which was U$D1400). Ergonomically excellent, don't
like the back cover very much though. Seems very flimsy, like its gonna pop
off at any moment. Dosn't feel the same as the rest of the camera, almost
like it was designed after the fact. Mind you its pretty curvaceous so maybe
they had problems moulding their design in another material. The rubber
parts have a nice feel to it so you don't have to grip it too hard and shake
it at the wrong moment.

The weight is about right for camera its size and without a lens I can carry
it my jacket pocket. I really dont like the shutter release which is too
soft, and dosn't have a good separation between the autofocus point and the
fire point. I've had this argument with Pal as his seems to have a distinct
point of fire. The BG-10 shutter release feels the same as the main one so
maybe its just my opinion. I got used to after one or rolls. With the grip
its an entirely different though, I can now use the back AF button with one
hand without the camera falling forward. Has a better balance than the Z1p.
I haven't used it with a lens longer than 105 but I think most people would
use a tele with a tripod anyway. The grip also hides the bottom of my face
as I really have a stupid look on it when I'm composing and it makes the
girls laugh at the wrong moment.

The main reason I bought it besides wanting a new camera is that I feel that
Pentax is never going to make another one like this. It fits well in my hand
though I have long fingers. That *ist is way to small for me.

HTH
Feroze