It's survived two falls in the space of six months without skipping a beat -
that's build quality.

I remember someone here mentioned a MZ-? was dropped from the roof and it survived. It isn't no MZ-S. That's quality.

It does everything it should every time - that's build quality.

There were constant complaints about the spacing and other issues when it was released. I am sure there are people here who had these problems. Speaking if reliabiliy, Z-1p is the most trouble free so far.

It doesn't have anything loose after two years of nearly every day use  -
that's build quality.

I don't know what should be loosen even from low end bodies.

It doesn't rattle, creak,  whirr or whine except when it should - that's
build quality.

Not even the camera back?

It's light and (see first item) obviously strong - that's build quality.

What a conclusion.

Any one care to add more?

I don't have any MZ-S. :-)

regards,