On 22 Jun 2003 at 23:59, Alan Chan wrote:

> >Give me a break Bruce there are always exceptions. A tripod is still the
> >photographers best friend unless you like blurry pics..
>
> IS/VR is developed to overcome this to certain degree. It doesn't replace
> tripod completely, but when you need that extra stops which aren't there,
> IS/VR is your best friend.

I disagree, it's only beneficial in limited circumstances. For instance if you
are shooting moving subjects in low light there is no substitute for a fast
lens and fast film.

If I went the Canon route I envisage that it would be some time before I
ploughed money into IS lenses, I'd put cash into fast lenses first.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998