I would like to point out that this A was better built than the M which might have aging spring. I stripped down both before. This A has metal aperture ring, not plastic.

regards,
Alan Chan

I am about to buy the above lens in Excellent condition from KEH.
Well, as a matter of fact a friend of mine is about to buy this lens
which then be brought over to Israel.

Anyway, is there anyone on the list who actually has/had this lens and
used it? If so, I would very much like to hear your opinion about it.

From what I could dig out in different archives on the Net it appears
that this is average (in Pentax manner) lens with resolution a little
below that of 50/1.7. My intent is to attach this lens to ME Super and
keep it there for some time. I also have soft, cross screen and
circular polarizer filters all of which are going to find themselves
attached to this lens in some way. Well, not all of them at the same
time though <vbg>.

Once bought I will have the modest prime outline - 35/2.8, FA 50/1.7,
modified Helios single element soft lens (~85/4), and almost-the-lens Takumar
K 135/2.5. Though I like extremely the almost-the-lens.