From: Lasse Karlsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 7:02 PM
Subject: Tamron 70-300 (Was: Primes, Zooms, and Portraits)

: MChapp wrote:
:
: > Hello folks!! I am new to this list and new to photography. I have
followed some of this thread and wish to solicit comments on the Tamron
70-300mm zoom lens I propose to use with my ZX-7.
:
: Hi, and welcome to the list!
:
: > I am obviously an amateur and wish to capture long shots of wildlife as
well as some portraiture.
:
: You share your interest with many on the list. I am no expert in either,
but I am sure you will get good advice from someone else.
:
: > I'd like to know if this is a reasonble quality lens, durable/good
optics, etc.; whether it will render reasonable quality prints (given my
amateur standing)
:
: I don't know this lens, but I think it can, but this is more depending on
how well you use it.
:
: > and whether or not I should think about some alternative if this
purchase would not be wise.
:
: I have heard many favourable comments from other list members on a number
of Sigma lenses of the same range. Maybe someone will give you some reports.
:
: > Thanks for your patience with "the new guy"
:
: Sometimes we have more patience with new guys than with some of us old
ones... :)
:
: Welcome and good luck,
: Lasse
:
: -
: This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,
: go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Don't forget to
: visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org .
:
: