The time that I still had my FA*85/1.4, everyone was frightened whenever I point that damn thing at them. Everyone of them were amazed by how big the hood was. No such problem with the 77. :-)

regards,
Alan Chan

You mean dogs bark at the f1.4 lens but keep quiet when you shoot them with the f2 lens?

Does the front element makes it? I mean, would a 85/2 on a PZ-1 or K camera be fine while a 85/1.4 on a small MX would still frighten the children?

The A85/1.4 hood is monstrous also, but with a cooler shade, the lens is not that frightening I think. A nice hood I found for it is the one for the Hexanon 85-210/3.5. I can even reverse it on the lens.

Andre