On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 10:06 PM, Anthony Farr wrote:

Interesting. Do you know how the backs are controlled? My guess would be
that either they use X-synch from the lens to signal the back when capture
should commence, or they totally bypass the shutter system of the camera and
use their own 'virtual' shutter.

IIRC, in the case of the Hassy, they use the X-sync. If the camera has a motor drive port, some of them also hook up to the motor drive so that you can fire the shutter from the computer.

I just looked at my PhaseOne compatibility chart and --- surprise! --- Pentax 35mm lenses are on the recommended list! Doesn't say which ones, though....

--jc