This is the PDML, so it's not like you're going to get an unbiased opinion. People who
used to shoot Pentax say that Pentax lenses look "flat" and lack "bite". My personal
experience with Pentax/Nikon lenses (24/2.8 (N&P), 28/2.8 (N&P), 50/1.4 (N&P),
50/1.7/1.8, 100/2.8(P), 105/2.5 (N), 200/4 (P) 180/2.8 (N) and 28-105 zooms, is that
Nikkors are sharper at large apertures and particularly wide open.
Web "examples" will tell you little or nothing about the subtlies of lenses. You would
need identical shots, where the only difference was the lens and then you have to have
"perfect" scans. You really need to look at original slides, on a good light box with
a good loupe.

BR