LOL! I knew someone would ask that.

Frankly, I don't remember. We sort of had one family camera back then and
everyone shot slides back then too. I do faintly remember that we got a newer one
somewhere along the line. So we probably ended up with two and my brother got
the older one for his own use. But I don't remember the brand and I don't
remember us having any other lenses. Probably just a 50mm and that was it.

Possibly Pentax, possibly Minolta. Did they make Minoltas back then? Whatever
would have been most common in the late fifties/early sixties. I remember it
had a brown case that fit over the whole thing and maybe it wasn't even a SLR.

It has long disappeared unfortunately.

But hey, it wasn't the camera that was important!

Marnie aka Doe ;-)  My brother later overcame his arsonists tendencies but he
still shoots a lot of pictures, fortunately now of the people snapshot
variety.