OK, I'll take a wack at answering:

1) An f stop's hole size (radius or diameter, take your pick) depends
on focal length.  f2.8 at 50mm is a smaller hole than f2.8 at 100mm.  The
actual size of the hole is something I'm uninterested in.

2) A shutter set at 125 should expose some point of film to light for
exactly 128th of a second.  However, 125th is plenty close enough.  The
shutter itself may be exposing light for longer than that as it runs along
the film.

3) The hyperfocal f-stop is going to depend on focal length.  Many older
wide primes have an f-stop (typically f8) in a different color and even a
special focal length mark to indicate these settings.  I've used 'em, btw.
My M35 f2.8 often gets set this way.

4) I have NO idea about flash bulbs. I'll guess f8 (and be there)

5) Sunny-16 is "dead nuts on" for most people, even slide shooters.  Another
one I've used often.

Does being over 50 classify me as aged?  Even so, my total SLR experience
is lumped into the last 10 years.  I'm a newbie......

T Rittenhouse wrote:
Brucey thought he was kidding <grin>.

1. How big is an f-stop
2. How fast does your shutter open and close when set to 125.
3. What f-stop do you have to use to have everything from 8 feet to infinity
sharp in your photography.
4. What f-stop do you need to get proper exposure with a #5 clear flash bulb
at 7 feet.
5. How accurate is the Sunny-16 rule for exposure.

Ciao,
Graywolf
http://pages.prodigy.net/graywolfphoto

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Rubenstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 11:20 AM Subject: Re: *ist D was not production type :-(

Don't worry Lon, if you are as old as Tom then you have the "knowledge
of the ages" and can use any gear you desire. If you are younger, then
you have to take a written test of Tom's (he doesn't care about a
portfolio: only theory counts) to get permission to use auto capable
cameras.

BR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Tom, I use this kind of "logic" to justify shooting nothing newer
than a SuperProgram, but yesterday I fooled around with my wife's
ZX-L and experienced a tad of envy.  Some of the touches on the
newer cameras, even one as basic as the -L, are really nice.

I believe they can help capture the instinctive "grab" shots that
tend to pass me by.