If my message was taken as a diatribe against Eduardo, I
apologize to him, and anyone else that took it so.  It was an
out spoken comment I admit as I hope the last line made clear.
And, please note, I did not say Eduardo was dumb, I said certain
actions are dumb. That is so even when I am the one who takes
those actions.

It is just that I keep seeing posts which makes me believe that
some people are trying to tell us what, and where, we should be
allowed to comment on.  Maybe that is a dumb response, I have
made, and will no doubt make, many others.

Well, Lasse, you have changed the subject let's see if what
happens.  I say that it will not start a new thread some people
will reply to my post in the original thread and some will reply
here and if it develops into a major thread, and I hope not,
some will reply in both.  Which is what is called splintering.
This happens because we are human. In your mind, my impression,
it shouldn't, so you claim it won't.  Now, that is a dumb
belief.  To start a new thread you need to start a new thread.
Putting (Was: something) in the subject does not accomplish that
as pursuing such treads in this list will show.

You wrote, "So why are you acting a moderator then? And in this
case clearly without a cause."  Am I?  I didn't think so.  I
thought I was making a case about something controversial.  I
fully expected to get comments back. Evan comments as harsh as
yours.  I certainly didn't mean it to be taken as an attack on
Eduardo as you seem to have.  So, once again I apologize to him
and any others who took it that way, I just felt his message was
a good lead in to something I had been wanting to say.  When I
attack some one they have no doubt about it, and I try to do it
privately.

"So, how long a thread will you be running about how wrong
Eduardo is?"  Not long <g>, it already has evolved to how wrong
I am, and thence to how wrong you are.
--Tom

Lasse Karlsson wrote:

A bunch of stuff snipped. See his post for details.