To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 1:52 PM
Subject: Howe Does the DoF button work?

I presse down the down DoFP button, and I can see that it stops down the
aperture, it gets darker or ligther. But I really don't notice anything
changing focus, how is it supposed to showe me what's in the DoF? This
is my first camera with DoF, and there's not much in the manual about
it. Its a ZX-M.

Thanks,
Scotte

whickersworld wrote:

Joseph Tainter wrote:

It's very simple. Everything in photography is a

trade-off. Everything:

film format (size), film type, camera bodies, lenses,

whether or not to

carry a tripod, what one spends, etc. Provided that we

have some

experience with gear or film, we each make our own

decisions about which

trade-offs we accept and which we don't. Zooms vs. primes

are just

another trade-off. There's no right or wrong answer.

EXACTLY RIGHT!!

The debate is a non-issue.

There can be no reason why we should not discuss these
trade-offs.  If we stopped, PDML would not need to exist and
our lives would be greatly the poorer for its loss.

I greatly value the informed opinions of the members of this
list as *the best possible way* for me rapidly to assimilate
a lot of genuinely useful information.  After changing from
Nikon AF to a Pentax K/M/A outfit earlier this year, I
cannot imagine finding a better "expert system" for guiding
me through the Pentax jungle.

Just my $0.02.

John