Isn't it that the 52mm front thread lens (Tak Bayo) is also a the
shorter lens, making the light path less long? Not so much light bending
to go on, and the same effective aperture can be physically less wide,
in a shorter lens assembly.
So I have gathered from what I've seen over the years...

A long, fat f/2.5 and a shorter, narrower f/2.5 are essentially just
different ways of reaching the same place.

keith whaley