My first lens was a Takumar-A 28-80. As the newbie I was, I got very
frustrated with my own skill. Especially all the shots of backlit
scenes that became dull and grey. When I got a A-50/1.7, I realised
that it was not only me; but also the lens. Years later, on the PDML,
I learned what a dog that Tak-A is; one of the few SLR lenses not
multicoated...

Anyway, I have prefered primes since then, but ever since I bought
Cotty's Sigma 80-200/2.8 a while ago, I think I'm developing a soft
spot for zooms again. The versatility of zooms is just great.
Especially for travel kits.

cheers,
Jostein

> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: