on 7/17/03 5:20 PM, Robert Harris at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I don't know about president. He already has a pretty good job. But he
> sure gave a good speech. You should be proud.
>
> Cotty wrote:
>
>> Tony Blair for President :-)

> Bob Harris

How is it that you Brits, generally speaking of course, are so much more
eloquent and articulate?

I listened to both the Blair speech (GW owes Blair a huge debt of gratitude)
and Bush's remarks, and the brief question and answer session that took
place today.

I found Bush to be tongue-tied, hesitant, and generally "ill-at-ease" while
Tony Blair was simply brilliant and oh-so-in-command of the english
language.

I'd vote for Blair. If the prime minister somehow loses his position in
England, and (I'm being half-serious here) miraculously became a citizen of
the USA, he'd get elected on any ballot he put his name.

Sid  B