> So, I need to buy a flash.
>
> I've got an MX and an ME Super for right now, but I could see myself
> getting a Super Program for flash use, or even an AF Pentax by the end
> of the year.  My question is, what do I get?
>
> - A Vivitar 283 or 285: Is there any reason not to get the 285 instead
> of the 283, considering that the price difference is negligible?
>
> - An AF280T - use auto with my MX and have a TTL flash if I get a
> compatible camera later.  I'm sort of leaning towards this one.
> -Matt

Matt.
Just on my own limited flash use,i would recomend either the 285 or the af280t.The 280
works very
well with the SuperProgram,which is a great camera.If i decide to do more MF work than
35mm
work,the SP will be one of the few 35mm i keep.
I use the 285 with the D1 and works well.I take indoor horse photos with it in a very
dark
arena,and i
get usable shots at 25 feet from moving subjects.
I think the 280 used is about the same as the 285 new.IIRK.

Dave