I wasn't trying to say that Amsterdam is a bad place, or that we
shouldn't go there.  I was just wondering why Doug chose Amsterdam over
all the other cities in the world, that's all.

But, from what you say, it's a wonderful place.  I don't know anything
about it, except that it's in The Netherlands.  Other than that, I
recall that Camus painted a very dull, grey picture of it in The Fall,
but as I realize that book was written in the '50's, I didn't let that
prejudice me - well, maybe a bit...  <vbg>

cheers,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert