>Cotty, did you by any chance visit Urquhart Castle? Because I understand
>there's a new visitor's center there. I was there back in 1993, did the
>lake cruise and the Nessie Experience. Had a great time there. Inverness
>really is a pretty little town.

Hi Amita,

Didn't actually walk around it - the boat ride went within a hundred feet
of it so we got a good view. We're certainly going back to the loch soon
so may well get a chance to visit it properly. In fact the opposite side
there's a place called Dores that I want to have a look at - areas where
one can walk along a stony beach and contemplate the monsters within ;-)

>Another piece of trivia I recall about the Loch...it's deep enough for
>the Empire State Building to be completely submerged in it. :)

Indeed. Brits usually equate length or depth of something with regard to
Nelson's Column in Trafalgar Square, but the Empire State is obviously
much taller and so more impressive when submerged in the loch ;-)

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__
Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk