In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andre Langevin) wrote:

> Third party zooms are your best choice as only the rare 45-125mm
> Takumar will work at full aperture.  I'm afraid I'm not the one who
> could suggest some good third party zooms.

Third-party zooms with full-aperture metering are easiest in Tamron, as
the Adaptall Pentax/ES mounts from the eighties will fit recent Adaptall
2 and Adaptall SP lenses, most of which are decent.

I have 17/3.5, 24/2.5 and 500/8.0 Tamrons, since they're a load easier to
come by than Pentax lenses in those focal lengths, and I can switch mounts
to use them on K-mount. The Adaptall Pentax/ES mounts are kind of scarce
these days, though. Not usually expensive, just few and far between.

If you don't insist on a zoom lens, SMC Takumars are very easy to acquire
in 28/3.5, 35/3.5 and 135/3.5, but rather scarcer in other focal lengths,
at least in the UK. I reckon Pentax probably sold as many of those three
in screw-mount days as they did of all their other lenses put together
(excluding the 50 and 55 standard lenses).

---
John Dallman                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]