Hi!

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:30:48 +1000
 Paul Ewins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I stopped doing that when one of those XP updates disabled my cable modem.
The general rule of thumb at work for our *home* machines is to install
service packs only. For the machines at work, mostly Win2000, we do a couple
of days testing before applying each of the patches.

Paul Ewins
Melbourne, Australia

I tend to second that opinion. My brother, whom I trust to be an excellent sys admin for all Windoze OSes, warned me of essentially the same possibility. Even more, after yet another update Win2000 (and probably WinXP too) could potentially stop booting all together.

It is a matter of company policy and agility of sys admin, I suppose.

At home I have Win98 machine and it seems to me that at least on the advantages of yestertech <grin> is that nowadays it makes relatively little interest for virus writers and others of that kind...

Boris

P.S. Here we are, Pentax photographers <grin> having very intense talk about viruses and Windoze OSes <grin>.