-----Original Message-----
From: Harold Owen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 August 2003 10:22
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: UK pricing for *istD!

> Gotta remember that the SRP of the 10D is £1500 - STREET price is
> £1250. Once initial demand has passed (possibly even before), I can
> see the istD selling for £1200 or maybe even less...

It is just that the SRP of £1,400 appeared to be a lot higher than many UK
photo magazines had been suggesting!

I am waiting to see what the online dealer who sold me the *ist SLR at a
great price is going to sell the *istD at.

The *ist SLR camera was being discounted as soon as it was available for
sale and I am hoping the same thing will happen with the *istD, although if
it is going to be in short supply this might not be likely.

In addition I am checking on a number of German online retailers to see what
their prices are going to be,

Harry

Harold Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Guys,

The price war will be very interesting and Pentax may already be dead in the
water, look at the prices, body only;

                *istD                   1400 GBP        recommended
                Olympus E-1             1400 GBP        recommended
                Nikon D100              1399 GBP    street
                Canon D10               1299 GBP        street
                Canon EOS 300D   899 GBP    expected  ( 1000 GBP plus lens
advertised )

The street price has to be no more than 1100 GBP or else it will be a dead
duck.

Has anyone out their placed an order for one?

Regards,

Ziggy