From: Kathleen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 1:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Future DSLR's

Joe - Thank you for your easy-to-understand explanation.  I have been so
confused about this and have tried to understand it.  In finally makes
sense.  It's about equal to what a digital zoom does on some of the
cameras. It essentially is zooming in on  the center of the image and is
making that part of the image and enlarging it so it will fill the whole
frame (thus a not-so sharp image).  The only thing making me want a
removable lens DSLR is that I felt I could get a 450 lens ( or
thereabouts) out of my rather inexpensive Tamron 70-300 zoom.  That
sounded good, but to me sharpness and
clarity is more important.   Let me know if I am misinterpreting what
you
said.
Thanks again.
Kathy Leickly